Yankee girl in Arthur's court

You can't appreciate home till you've left it, money till it's spent, your wife till she's joined a woman's club, nor Old Glory till you see it hanging on a broomstick on the shanty of a consul in a foreign town. O. Henry Porter 1862-1910, American short-story Writer

Friday, December 02, 2005

Okay, I did buy a Barbie Advent Calendar

I have to say, I did actually break down and buy a Barbie Advent Calendar. And for 1 or was it 2 pounds (2 doll-hairs to you) it has already been a pretty good investment, many times over. Any time a toddler can be kept quiet and happy simply holding and gazing at a piece of cardboard for extended periods of time, well....that's pretty much a good investment in my book.

4 Comments:

Blogger ljm said...

Here's a fun online advent calendar I found:
http://harpold.com/advent/

5:46 PM  
Blogger KW said...

Hey!

I thought of mentioning your name actually in connection with that phrase, although I didn't actually know that story! What an education!

2:18 PM  
Blogger KW said...

Great advent site! I like it!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

What a great story, Janelle!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter-----------------------------------------------------