Yankee girl in Arthur's court

You can't appreciate home till you've left it, money till it's spent, your wife till she's joined a woman's club, nor Old Glory till you see it hanging on a broomstick on the shanty of a consul in a foreign town. O. Henry Porter 1862-1910, American short-story Writer

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Tis the season...for CAROLS!

Ok....It is now officially time for Christmas music to begin. Yes, I know it already began playing weeks ago in the stores, but now you can play it in your home, and not feel strange. I used to play Christmas cds in the summer since I love it so much. Anyhow....I thought I would take a poll, and ask what everyone's favorite or at least one highly loved Christmas carol is...? Who wants to be first? One of mine is In the Bleak Midwinter.

8 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

I love Silent Night best. Carol of the Bells has always been a favorite too.

11:09 AM  
Blogger CKS said...

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.

haha...can't narrow it down at the moment, so i just had to put what I knew wouldn't even be a contender.

5:33 PM  
Blogger ljm said...

I Wonder as I Wander is one of mine...

6:23 PM  
Blogger Loreo said...

I'm not sure the name, but it may be "Bells caroling."

10:52 AM  
Blogger drewey fern said...

Hmmm, so many good options! Your choice is one of my favorites, as well as What Child is This? and Lully Lullay. Hurrah for Christmas songs!

8:37 PM  
Blogger wideyed said...

Mary did you know? and all the rest

9:51 AM  
Blogger KMS said...

"The Birthday of the King" is one I like. And Asaphat did not ever see Mommy kissing Santa Claus. At least not Santa Claus dressed as Santa Claus.

By the way, they play Christmas carols at any time of year in the kitchen here where I work. It's kind of fun when they do.

3:13 PM  
Blogger lis said...

"In the Bleak Midwinter" is a favorite for me, too...as well as "Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming."

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter-----------------------------------------------------