Advent makes the heart grow fonder
I'm on a roll now, and guess I'll roll with it while it lasts. I know I should just skedaddle off to bed, but just this last thing, and then maybe I will. This post is a rant and rave about advent calendars. Children across the nation here can purchase all manner of advent calendars --from Bob the Builder to Barbie. You name the character, they have it in the local stores here. Inside each little cardboard dated window there is a tiny chocolate, no bigger than Tom Thumb. I believe they sell like hotcakes. A shame that nowhere to be found-unless I just haven't looked hard enough- is there an advent calendar illustrated with the Christmas story! Now, I'm all for chocolate in any shape or size, but this is outlandish!!

2 Comments:
How ridiculous! Everything BUT the real meaning of Christmas!
My Mom got our kids some advent calenders--they're pretty much Santa scenes, I think. I told everyone to keep theirs out of Will's reach, but after a while, I see William in front of the Tv with Jessie's, snacking on it like it's a bowl of candy! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home