Yankee girl in Arthur's court

You can't appreciate home till you've left it, money till it's spent, your wife till she's joined a woman's club, nor Old Glory till you see it hanging on a broomstick on the shanty of a consul in a foreign town. O. Henry Porter 1862-1910, American short-story Writer

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Blessed are those thick in the head...

The other day I went to a dpt store in search of a particular type of potty seat for Lexie. I stopped in front of a big store directory which listed which dpts were on which floors. Ah.."Toilets"...that was easy. Without a moment to waste, I dashed all the way to the basement of the store and was on the way down the stairs before I saw the sign "toilets" and THEN and only then did it dawn on my blessed brain that, yes, you guessed it---I was headed for the customer bathrooms.

5 Comments:

Blogger Loreo said...

HA HA, Karena!!!!! At least you didn't further demean yourself by asking someone, "I went to the 'Toilets' department, but I didn't see any potty chairs in stock...."

5:03 PM  
Blogger melrandall said...

Those Brits are just far too specific in their restroom signs...

5:47 PM  
Blogger ljm said...

And now you have to tell the infamous story of your youth when you couldn't seem to find your way out of the store! Ha ha!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Brooks Drugs, as I remember...

I laughed OUT LOUD at your tale!! Did you ever find what you were looking for?

7:36 AM  
Blogger CKS said...

Yeah, I have the same problem whenever I go looking for Wesley in stores. He never seems to be where the sign says he is--just restrooms instead. What's up wid dat?

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter-----------------------------------------------------