Rain, rain go away...
Rainy with gales....Yes, that was todays forecast and an accurate one too.
Yesterday was nice so we got out to the park, but that just about wiped me out, as
my poor old body is still not completely over jet lag induced under the weatherness
to invent a word. We were cooped up indoors for the day, and I managed to think
of a unique activity for Lexie....painting rocks. I had some medium size stones
that someone had given me to put in the bottom of a vase, and it turned out to be
a good way of keeping little hands busy for a while anyway. Anyone have any more
ingenious, indoor, rainy day activities?

7 Comments:
Hey! Painting rocks is fun! In a few years you can have her making friendship bracelets on rainy days...Hope you feel better soon!
Arthur's BUNS, Janelle!?? Ha ha!!!
When is Janelle gonna get a blog--haven't talked to that girl in a coon's age!! Still funny as I remember from when we were knee high to grasshoppers. (Yes, I enjoy quaint, nonpopular--well maybe popular in 1905--phrases). How about, for Lexie's busy hands on rainy days, messing around with paints. She could dip string in different color paints and make neat designs, or do potato stamping. That's where you carve a design on a cut potatoe, dip it in paint, and dab it on paper--you probably knew that. We've had hardly any rain yet, out here where it "always" rains--Washington. I actually painted a rock a few years ago. It was dome shaped and turtle-sized. Guess what I made out of it--a realistic turtle shell! It looks pretty good, although it has suffered quite a bit being outside with the kind of kid traffic our yard gets! :)
Nice spelling of potato. I can't believe I added an "e." Was it Bush who did something silly in front of too many people?
Oh my goodness--thank you for letting me know my blog doesn't take non-bloggers, Janelle. I'm going to change it right now. So y'all come and visit again, y'hear!
I love you, Karena! Thanks for letting me get back in touch with Janelle on your blog! :)
halooo garls! thanx for your suggestions.
Glad you 2 were able to have a reunification:)))
I just noticed you commented on the tea drinking, Karena. Do you do daily 4:00 tea, or is that a dead custom?
As far as I know the 4:00 thing is a dead custom. Basically, there is a lot of tea drinking going on at all different times of the day. People tend to favor black tea, and there are different brands ( names not known in the US) like PG Tips, Yorkshire Gold...etc etc...I'm not much of a tea drinker myself, but I do occasionally like the odd "cuppa", as they call it....
Post a Comment
<< Home