Yankee girl in Arthur's court

You can't appreciate home till you've left it, money till it's spent, your wife till she's joined a woman's club, nor Old Glory till you see it hanging on a broomstick on the shanty of a consul in a foreign town. O. Henry Porter 1862-1910, American short-story Writer

Monday, July 18, 2005

I hurmyself!

This is Lexie's newest and most oft' repeated phrase. Whether she has brushed her toenail or scraped her knee. I am getting VERYYY weary of hearing it... The other day, I did actually hurt MY self, in some small way or I had some mark on my body which she saw and was concerned about, because she said "We'll get a band-aid on it soon, ok? It'll make you feel better, don't worry." Nothing like hearing the words you once uttered, compiled, and repeated back to you from the mouth of your child when you least expect it:)

5 Comments:

Blogger Loreo said...

Karena, it's so good to hear from you again! William repeats everything he can say A LOT!! One thing he has been crazy about for awhile now is cocoa. He's obsessed with it. So when he wants some, he'll say, "Want goco! Want goco! WANT GOCO!!!" until someone gets it for him. We're going through a good amount of milk now.

4:13 PM  
Blogger ljm said...

Uggh, the repetition...it's chinese water torture!

5:53 PM  
Blogger brilynne said...

Reminds me of one of my brothers who used to repeat, "Mama. Mama." over and over and over again to get her attention, whether or not she was in ear shot.

Rumor has it you guys are coming out soon?! Hope to see you. Btw, you are on my list of people I want to email... We'll see if I get around to it...It's the thought that counts, right? ;-)

6:52 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Wow. How precocious...and precious. Maybe she has a future as a doctor or nurse!

1:58 PM  
Blogger KW said...

HI Bria!

Yes we are leaving to come back this Tues, but should
be in NH for a quick visit in Aug. Would be great to see you!

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter-----------------------------------------------------