Yankee girl in Arthur's court

You can't appreciate home till you've left it, money till it's spent, your wife till she's joined a woman's club, nor Old Glory till you see it hanging on a broomstick on the shanty of a consul in a foreign town. O. Henry Porter 1862-1910, American short-story Writer

Monday, July 25, 2005

Bring on the sun....

Farewell, grey cold England...I hope the wall of stifling Southern heat won't bowl me over. It was cold and rainy today. Went to the park with both kids and it felt like September. Lexie had on a jacket and wellies. I saw someone wearing cords and boots. What is the world coming to! It's the HEIGHT of summer! Back in a few moons...

1 Comments:

Blogger drewey fern said...

Wellies? Definitely time for a visit to the good ol' US. I'm hoping to time my visit home so that it coincides with yours! Hurrah!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter-----------------------------------------------------