Happy Birthday dear Andrew!
I wished you happy birthday out loud this morning, as I stood alone in the kitchen. It's grey and rainy here today. Looks how I feel inside, and how others of us feel when we think about what day today is. This afternoon, I lit a candle for your birthday, and
listened to a cd mix of yours, as I worked. I gingerly flipped my daily calendar page to July 24, holding my breathe to see what
words of wisdom might greet me....wondering if it might be anything especially appropriate for this day. Here is what I found:
The greatest treasure anyone can discover while unwrapping a trial is God's love. Troubled times have a way of cutting into a life deep channels that can carry God's love to you and your love to others.
I hope that's true...and I hope I can carry it to someone else...
The greatest treasure anyone can discover while unwrapping a trial is God's love. Troubled times have a way of cutting into a life deep channels that can carry God's love to you and your love to others.
I hope that's true...and I hope I can carry it to someone else...

4 Comments:
Karena, how precious and appropriate the words on your calendar. I think of you and your family often and of your continuing pain and sorrow. It still makes me cry, and I am actually blubbering right now. May the Lord continue to comfort all of the Murrays and those who loved Andrew. Happy birthday, Andrew! He must be having an amazing party in Heaven, right?
Thank you, Karena, and love to you...I wish you had been here today, where the sky was clear blue and the weather incomparably beautiful. It made "mighty 24" much more palatable (Andrew loved to praise his favorite number with such phrases)
I'm glad you got such a gem today, Karena. We got some good things over here too, to remind us we're being cared for by that Love. I'm with you and loving you.
Thanks everyone!
Craig, it was funny to hear about 'mighty 24'! That
is such an Andrewish thing to say, and has really
brightened my day to hear about it....
By the way, I was trying to find your blog,
and can't seem to access it?
Post a Comment
<< Home