The "INCREBULS"
Lexie has become completely and utterly obsessed with The Incredibles.
It started out when Mr. Incredible and Elastic Girl came in Happy Meals
that she got from McDonalds. Later, she was given an Incredibles stencil book,
and then when Charlie recently bought the DVD for our collection,
the obsessesion spiralled out of control. Even though I don't want her watching the
whole thing at her tender age, she is just enthralled with what she has seen and
imagines, and goes around saying the word "Increbuls" all day long evoking
the characters names...even Edna.
Not only does she carry the plastic super heroes around with her, but she
also begs me to tell her stories about them, and asks Charlie to talk like Mr. Incredible.
I make up all kinds of random adventures to amuse her.
It doesn't end there...Tucked up in her bed, along with a myriad of other creatures, books, and
yes even coins, she sleeps with the Incredibles dvd, and leaflet that came with it,
that she supposes is some sort of Incredibles tale...

7 Comments:
Just kidding! This is Melissa! I wasn't sure if you know that anonymous comments aren't allowed on your blog. If you did, that is of course perfectly fine! I can always just comment by stealing Andrea's identity; she doesn't mind. :)
I LOVED this tale! Lexie has very good taste; I was totally enamored by that movie myself. I bet your stories are fantastic; you should call Disney with some ideas for a sequel or two. I have to admit it was tricky to picture Charlie imitating Mr. Incredible... hehe. but I bet he's awesome.
Love you lots!
Melissa
Ha! You made me laugh out loud! I wish I could see Lexie doing all those things...Reading this makes me miss her! She sounds a little bit like me with character-building tapes...listening to them over and over so that I memorized them...
Phew!! Thanks for posting your comments!
Maybe I won't give up blogging just yet. haha.
Thought I was going to succumb to the old adage:
"Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
I'm gonna eat some worms".
Wow...you must be truly living and breathing the Incredibles, knowing Lexie. She and Jed Jones should get together...he's enamoured of them also!
And there's more!
Charlie just bought her a one foot high talking Mr. Incredible, Violet, a couple of incredibles books,
and an Incredibles poster. The talking Mr. Incredible
has proved an enormous hit, esp when she
was out and about in town with it. She even has
an Incredibles t-shirt (she's had that for a while now actually)...Poor Monica has been
left in the dust:)
I think that lexie has wonderful taste to like the incredibles. i do too! mayb i can get my dad to buy me a t-shirt, and a talking mr. i, and...
Cara,
Maybe I should send you some stuff when
Lexie moves on to her next
infatuation:)
Post a Comment
<< Home