Hat watching...
The big news here this wkend, has been the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla.
TV coverage began about 12 noon on Saturday and went until almost 3pm. Because
I was going to be out, I recorded it so I could catch it later...
Despite what I think about Charles and Camilla getting married, I found
it fascinating to watch the gala affair. Fun to see all the royals, and celebs arriving
in their 'posh' frocks and all the outlandish and exotic looking hats. It's very common
for ladies to wear hats to weddings here, and so for an occasion like this, you can
imagine there were some interesting ones. Anyway, it was
worth watching just to see them, at least I thought it was....

6 Comments:
Hi! I found you! What a way to keep in touch, eh? I'm looking forward to your future posts!
Hi Penny!
Fun to hear from you:)
I think we should wear fancy hats more over here. They look like fun.
Is the whole thing about Prince Charles muttering derogatory comments under his breath about the media still big over there?
It was big news before the wedding, but not as
much now. Pretty funny. Really kind of funny after a while, how Prince Charles ran into so many
logistical problems planning his wedding. The
pope's funeral was the final straw. (They had to switch the date at the last minute). He was getting
really agitated....
I had a dream last night that Camilla was receiving an honorary degree from Saint A's...and I was up there on the platform and the peice of paper they handed her was a drawing of some animal that looked as if it had been torn from a child's coloring book - and colored by a three year old. She opened her mouth to comment and then my alarm went off. ARgh.
Boy, you do have some colorful dreams.
Probably Lexie and Camilla on the mind...
Post a Comment
<< Home