Just for Laughs
Kids do have a way of relieving stress, that is, er when they make us laugh:) Let me regale you with some such ways in recent days..
The other day Lexie and I were sitting on the couch and I heard something outside. "What's that?" I said. Quoting from her fairy tale stories cd (Hansel and Gretel in particular), Lexie said: "It's only the wind and the weather".
Today, Arthur had the phone, and was taking great pleasure in punching in numbers. I saw him doing this as I went upstairs with Lexie. A few minutes later, the phone rang, and then stopped. Before I knew it, I heard Charlie speaking on speaker phone from downstairs. Arthur had "answered" the phone.
Lexie has taken to wrapping one of her dolls up in Charlie's Game Cube carry bag--a small black nylon bag that came with the game cube that Charlie bought several years ago. Fine around the house..but a little embarrassing when we are parading through the neighborhood. Especially with the especial marker scrawls Lexie has defaced the poor dolls head and face with.
Lexie walking around the house pushing her stroller with her rocking horse's bridle on her head as if it was perfectly normal headgear.
Arthur testing out the law of gravity, by dropping one bite sized morsel after another off his high chair onto the floor...okay... that definitely does not make me laugh...
The other day Lexie and I were sitting on the couch and I heard something outside. "What's that?" I said. Quoting from her fairy tale stories cd (Hansel and Gretel in particular), Lexie said: "It's only the wind and the weather".
Today, Arthur had the phone, and was taking great pleasure in punching in numbers. I saw him doing this as I went upstairs with Lexie. A few minutes later, the phone rang, and then stopped. Before I knew it, I heard Charlie speaking on speaker phone from downstairs. Arthur had "answered" the phone.
Lexie has taken to wrapping one of her dolls up in Charlie's Game Cube carry bag--a small black nylon bag that came with the game cube that Charlie bought several years ago. Fine around the house..but a little embarrassing when we are parading through the neighborhood. Especially with the especial marker scrawls Lexie has defaced the poor dolls head and face with.
Lexie walking around the house pushing her stroller with her rocking horse's bridle on her head as if it was perfectly normal headgear.
Arthur testing out the law of gravity, by dropping one bite sized morsel after another off his high chair onto the floor...okay... that definitely does not make me laugh...

8 Comments:
hey, do you mind if I put you on a list? or do you want your blog more private?
Thanks for the laughs!
Wouldn't mind being on the list at all...:)
Loved the stories! Makes me miss Lexie and Arthur...
Yay for kid stories!! More, more!!! :)
My heart cockles are warmer now!
I reckon I better tell ya' thet my hoss ol' 'Lanche didn't see what was so funny aboot Lexie wearin' a bridle---he figures it's right normal it seems...
I ken Arthur a droppin' food stuffs on the floor---especially if it's them pesky tomaters---they ain't fit for eatin' so much as they's fit fer decoratin'... ...may I suggest he try the whole critter rather than bite sizes??? 8~)
I love that: "It's only the wind and the weather." How charming! Every once in awhile Michael has come out with quotes that are far beyond his age and I love it:)
Post a Comment
<< Home