Chocolate on the brain
Okay chocolate lovers...be prepared to turn green with envy. Charlie gave me something extraordinary for Valentines day. I am now an official member of a chocolate tasting club! The introductionary package that came in the mail includes a leaflet explaining the chocolate tasting club, a club handbook, a chocolate newsletter, and a voucher for the entitled holder to send in to the company to claim their first batch of chocolates to taste.
This is how it works: The voucher entitles you to 7 chocolate tasting box selections which include free delivery and can be easily slipped through the mail slot in your door (as we don't have mailboxes here). You fill out the voucher with your address and send it freepost, whereupon you receive your first box of chocolates within 10 days. You can have your chocolates come once a month for seven months, or space it out in some other way. Every batch is a new selection and..to quote the brochure:"the chocolates are made in separate, ultra-fresh batches exclusively for the club." Also, every time you get your chocolate, the selection comes with a scorecard so you can tell them (if you choose to) what you liked or didn't like and give them feedback. WHOOHOO! Bring it on!! I'll have to say though...it's good that they won't arrive for 10 days, and here's why. I made Charlie a chocolate cake for his birthday at the beginning of the month. We made that last for a while. Then, I made one yesterday for Valentines day. At the moment, it's sitting very lonely in the frig.The day before, I made some chocolate brownies, since it seemed like the right thing to do..you know..with Valentine's day approaching, and maybe I'd like to share some with friends etc etc. Well....then I had to buy CHARLIE some chocolates of COURSE...what is Valentines day without a box of chocolates? It wasn't until all these things happened that I received a chocolate lover's dream gift .......and THEN....what do you suppose happened? I got a mild case of the stomach flu. Soooo....don't rub it in.
This is how it works: The voucher entitles you to 7 chocolate tasting box selections which include free delivery and can be easily slipped through the mail slot in your door (as we don't have mailboxes here). You fill out the voucher with your address and send it freepost, whereupon you receive your first box of chocolates within 10 days. You can have your chocolates come once a month for seven months, or space it out in some other way. Every batch is a new selection and..to quote the brochure:"the chocolates are made in separate, ultra-fresh batches exclusively for the club." Also, every time you get your chocolate, the selection comes with a scorecard so you can tell them (if you choose to) what you liked or didn't like and give them feedback. WHOOHOO! Bring it on!! I'll have to say though...it's good that they won't arrive for 10 days, and here's why. I made Charlie a chocolate cake for his birthday at the beginning of the month. We made that last for a while. Then, I made one yesterday for Valentines day. At the moment, it's sitting very lonely in the frig.The day before, I made some chocolate brownies, since it seemed like the right thing to do..you know..with Valentine's day approaching, and maybe I'd like to share some with friends etc etc. Well....then I had to buy CHARLIE some chocolates of COURSE...what is Valentines day without a box of chocolates? It wasn't until all these things happened that I received a chocolate lover's dream gift .......and THEN....what do you suppose happened? I got a mild case of the stomach flu. Soooo....don't rub it in.

7 Comments:
WOW! That sounds like the most FABULOUS gift EVER! What a great idea! I wonder if they have something comparable over here...Hmmmm....
that is a fabulous gift! I shall write that down in my little book for the future...
Only Charlie could think of such a thing...And only you, with your metabolism, should receive it!
I think I'll hop on a plane and come visit, demanding you get ALL SEVEN boxes in one week before I come home again!
Charlie, I'm impressed...and green with envy! :)
WOW! That sounds like a gift from Heaven! I hope you feel better soon and can thoroughly enjoy your (this next word is to be read with a reverant tone) chocolate.
Ah, thanks for that Andrea..when I saw comment number 6, I thought maybe it was Claire begging for a new post, so I was actually about to post one...but whooohoo for another comment-that's the beauty of posting few and far between..haha.
Post a Comment
<< Home