Bugs and such...
Today, a friend and I walked with our kids to the University Museum of Zoology here. They were having a special day for kids devoted to insects--displays, demonstrations and activities. They included a locust wind tunnel display (demonstration of how locusts fly), a Build a bug and colouring corner (ah, British spelling there) where kids could make their own bug with craft supplies, and add an insect to the giant spider's web displayed in one of the pics I'll post. There was also a "Ask the Entomologist & Live Insect Displays" which is where we spent half our time. You could see live insects, and ask questions about them. There were other activities we didn't get to, but in general we had fun making bugs and looking at them! I guess I can't say I enjoyed watching the creepy crawlies, but I enjoyed the fact that Lexie was interested. How I managed to construct a stick insect for Lexie while keeping a roving eye on a roving 1 and a half yr old, I'm not sure...Hurray for Cambridge, and all its glories.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home