Yankee girl in Arthur's court

You can't appreciate home till you've left it, money till it's spent, your wife till she's joined a woman's club, nor Old Glory till you see it hanging on a broomstick on the shanty of a consul in a foreign town. O. Henry Porter 1862-1910, American short-story Writer

Monday, October 02, 2006

Andrew

Blue autumn sky
Leaves at their peak
Gentle breezes whisper
All is not bleak

Absent in body
Still you are near
Not just in memory
Somehow you're here

I think you're watching
Sometimes I feel
That cloud of witnesses
Is even more real

Andrew, we miss you
I hope you know
How much we all love you
We miss you so

3 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

That was Beautiful, Karena! I assume it's original, and I liked and appreciated it! I know what you mean about the cloud of witnesses seeming more real, and feeling him near! And it won't be much longer before we really can see him again! My love and prayers are with you and your family!

6:03 PM  
Blogger ljm said...

Thanks, K!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Nice job, KK...

Love you...

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter-----------------------------------------------------